Dear Red Hawk Ridge golfers,
As concerns over COVID-19 continue throughout the country, our first priority at Red Hawk Ridge is the safety of our golfers, guests and employees. They say golf is a good walk spoiled, and outdoor exercise is considered an essential activity in the stay-at-home order issued by Governor Polis. With that in mind, the golf course is planning to reopen for walking only Saturday, April 11.
Not everyone agrees that playing golf falls into the category of an essential activity. Many non-golfers do not see how playing golf can be done safely during this time. But, with a few precautions, golf isn't much different than a walk around the neighborhood or a hike on a trail. In fact, golf continues to be played at more than 75% of golf courses in the country.
As golfers, it is our duty to be stewards of the game and abide by the 6-foot distancing regulation, as well as mandated heath department rules. When you step out on the course, you are representing fellow golfers. As a golf course, we find ourselves under increased scrutiny as folks watch our players hit the course and wonder if they will abide by the rules of social distancing. Without your help, golf courses could face closure and harassment from those who see guests breaking the rules. Do your part and abide by the social distancing rules at all times and in all locations, even at the tee box.
These past few weeks have been a great opportunity for our course maintenance team to conduct needed and planned rehab work. They've completed the aeration process, and have been busy with bunker renovations to enhance your playing experience and prepare the course for the golf season.
While the course is ready to reopen, there will be a few modifications:
- Red Hawk Ridge will be open for WALKING ONLY. Golf carts will not be available. Private golf carts and other powered vehicles will also not be allowed.
- Club and pull cart rentals will not be available. However, you may bring your own pull cart.
- Tee-times must be booked and prepaid online. Walk-ups will not be allowed.
- Cups have been raised 1 inch to prevent the ball from going in the hole and eliminating the need to touch the flagstick or cup. Once the ball strikes the side of the cup, it is considered holed.
- Bunker rakes, water coolers and ball washers have all been removed from the course. Please smooth the sand with your foot or club after playing a shot.
Please keep in mind, only the golf course will be open. Practice facilities, including the driving range and putting green, will remain closed. Additionally, the Clubhouse will only be open for restroom access. Please be prepared and bring your own water bottle, hand sanitizer and tissue.
We understand these are unprecedented times, but with your help, we can retain a little bit of normalcy and safely enjoy the game we all love. More information will be available at RedHawkRidge.com.
Questions? Staff is available at 720-733-3500 or via email at email@example.com
Help us keep our guests healthy and the course open for play. We look forward to seeing you enjoy the links soon.
Bob Persichetti, Head Golf Professional