- Sign up for Castle Rock Parks and Recreation email newsletters
- Check out upcoming events and public meetings on our calendar
- View our submission for the National Recreation and Parks Association's Gold Medal Award and see why we think we are the best
- View job opportunities
- Provide customer feedback
- Check out volunteer opportunities
- Have a program that you would like to bring to Castle Rock? Apply online
- Looking to host a unique birthday party? Consider the Miller Activity Complex, Recreation Center or at Burgess Memorial Pool at Centennial Park
- Stay in-the-know on the more than 87 miles of trails in Castle Rock through the trail condition map and closure list
Click on the links below for additional event information - We hope to see you there!
News and Announcements
Awarded the Gold Medal Award
Recently, the Castle Rock Parks and Recreation Department accepted the National Recreation and Parks Association’s 2018 Gold Medal Award. The Gold Medal Award honors communities throughout the United States that demonstrate long-range planning, resource management and innovative approaches to delivering superb parks and recreation services. Get more information and view our submission video.
- 2018 Merit Award for Design from the American Society of Landscape Architects
- 2018 Best Project Award from ENR Mountain States in the Landscape/Urban Development category.
- The Denver Regional Council of Governments gave the park a Metro Vision award. The award recognizes regional efforts to creative vibrant, connected communities through excellent natural and built environments. This award was presented Friday, May 3, at the DRCOG 2019 Awards Celebration at the Colorado Convention Center.
- Festival Park also contended for a prestigious Urban Land Institute award, making it to the top three finalists.
- 2019 Colorado Lottery Starburst Award. Starburst Awards recognize excellence in the use of Lottery funds for community and conservation projects. Winners are chosen based on the creativity of the project, economic and social impact on the community, and whether the project achieved its goal.
Named Best of the Best by Colorado Community Media
- Best Family Entertainment - the MAC
- Best Hiking / Biking Trail - Ridgeline Open Space
- Best Park - Philip S. Miller Park
- Best Kids Summer Camps - Rock Rec Camp
- Best Swimming Lessons - Castle Rock Recreation
- Best Swimming Pool / Waterpark - the MAC
- Best Workout / Fitness Center - Castle Rock Recreation Center
Dan Burgess honored with Cornerstone Tribute award-Centennial Park
Annual Pottery Sale
Saturday, May 18-Friday, May 24
The Castle Rock Recreation Center
Sundays, June 2-Sept. 1 at Festival Park
On the first Friday of each month, June through September, head to Festival Park to enjoy live music, food trucks, cocktails, and kid activities. Plus, make sure and register for our family friendly themed run/walk 5K After 5 series.
National Trails Day-Gateway Mesa Northern Trail Project
June 1, Aug. 24, and Oct. 5 volunteer outings coordinated by Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado
Rueter-Hess Paddle Days
select weekends Sunday, May 26-Sunday, Sept. 22 at Rueter-Hess Reservoir
Tri the Rock Youth Triathlon
Sunday, May 19
6:30-11:30 a.m. at Butterfield Crossing Park
Click on the links below for additional information.
Check out the Spring/Summer 2019 Rec Guide for new programming in 2019.
Ages: Adult 21 and over
Tuesdays, June 4 – July 30 at Centennial Park
Registration deadline: May 30
NEW! Athletic Half-day Camp
Four sports to choose from: basketball, flag football, soccer, volleyball
Early-bird registration through 5/15
Registration ends 6/4
Season: June 6-Aug. 1
Outdoor Pickleball (this summer at Founders and Deputy Zack S. Parrish III Memorial Park)
Arts and Enrichment
- NEW!! KIDZART: Summer Camps
- Dance Exploration: Fairy Tale Princess Camp
- Parenting the Love and Logic Way
BreakOut! Swim Clinic with 4-time Olympian Jason Lezak
Friday, June 14
Butterfield Crossing Pool
Guided Bird Watching Walk
Saturday, May 18
8-10 a.m. at Festival Park
Free Fitness Fridays and Sunday Yoga in the Park
The Amphitheater at Philip S. Miller Park
- NEW! Rock Rec Athletic Full-day Camps
- Rock Rec Camp
- CSU R.A.M. Camp
- NEW! Youth Tech Inc: Video Game Design
- NEW! Youth Tech Inc: ICode
- Colorado 14er Hikes (Saturdays; July 20 to Mt. Evans, Aug. 10 to Mt. Sherman
- Fishing (Saturday, July 27)
- Sand Surfing at the Great Sand Dunes National Park (Fri.-Sat., June 14-15)
- Weekly Wednesday Hikes (May 26, June 5, 12, 19 and 26)
- White Water Rafting at Royal Gorge (July 8)
- Wildflower Festival at Crested Butte (July 17-18)