- Sign up for Castle Rock Parks and Recreation email newsletters
- Check out upcoming events and public meetings on our calendar
- View our submission for the National Recreation and Parks Association's Gold Medal Award and see why we think we are the best
- View job opportunities
- Provide customer feedback
- Check out volunteer opportunities
- Have a program that you would like to bring to Castle Rock? Apply online
- Looking to host a unique birthday party? Consider the Miller Activity Complex, Recreation Center or at Burgess Memorial Pool at Centennial Park
- Stay in-the-know on the more than 87 miles of trails in Castle Rock through the trail condition map and closure list
Click on the links below for additional event information - We hope to see you there!
News and Announcements
Awarded the Gold Medal Award
Recently, the Castle Rock Parks and Recreation Department accepted the National Recreation and Parks Association’s 2018 Gold Medal Award. The Gold Medal Award honors communities throughout the United States that demonstrate long-range planning, resource management and innovative approaches to delivering superb parks and recreation services. Get more information and view our submission video.
- 2018 Merit Award for Design from the American Society of Landscape Architects
- 2018 Best Project Award from ENR Mountain States in the Landscape/Urban Development category.
Named Best of the Best by Colorado Community Media
- Best Family Entertainment - the MAC
- Best Hiking / Biking Trail - Ridgeline Open Space
- Best Park - Philip S. Miller Park
- Best Kids Summer Camps - Rock Rec Camp
- Best Swimming Lessons - Castle Rock Recreation
- Best Swimming Pool / Waterpark - the MAC
- Best Workout / Fitness Center - Castle Rock Recreation Center
Dan Burgess honored with Cornerstone Tribute award-Centennial Park
Colorado Bluebird Project Open House
Thursday, Feb. 21
7-8 p.m. at The Millhouse
Philip S. Miller Park
Colorado Bluebird Project Monitor Training
Wednesday, March 6
6:30-8 p.m. at The Millhouse
Philip S. Miller Park
Ridgeline Wranglers and P.S.M. Trail Partners Kick-off Meeting
Wednesday, March 13
7-8 p.m. at The Grange at The Meadows
Wild In Our Town
Wednesday, March 27
6-8 p.m. at Philip S. Miller Library
Click on the links below for additional information.
Check out the Winter/Spring 2019 Rec Guide for new programming in 2019.
- Indoor Flag Football, Grades 4th/5th and 6th/7th Season Dates: March 2-April 20, Registration deadline: February 24th.
- Machine Pitch Baseball, Grades 2nd & 3rd Season Dates: May 6-July 27, Registration deadline: April 21st.
- Boys Baseball, Grades 4th-8th Season Dates: April 22-July 20, Registration deadline: March 31st.
- Outdoor Pickleball (this summer at Founders and Deputy Zack S. Parrish III Memorial Park)
Arts and Enrichment
- NEW!! KIDZART: EXPLORE! Weekly art program for homeschool students
- Kid2KidLit (starts in March)
- Social Skills Groups for youth (starts in March)
Dance offerings (New!)
- Princess Dance Events (January-April 2019)
Youth Fitness offerings (New!)
- Cornhole league at Festival Park (Thursday nights starting in March 2018)