Commercial building permits Contractors are required to have a valid license from a testing jurisdiction with an ICC equivalent exam, current registration and a certificate of liability insurance, workers compensation insurance (if applicable) with the Town of Castle Rock prior to applying for a building permit.
Click the link for contractor registration/renewal information in the grey box below.
Commercial building permits are available through eTRAKit. The Town of Castle Rock Building Division supports Project Green. Project Green promotes an environmentally responsible and sustainable Town workforce, which includes paperless building permit applications. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their plans electronically in PDF format for review through eTrakiT.
Contact the Building Division by email for alternate submittal methods.
All commercial projects require a plan review.
*Permit applications for air conditioning units, water heaters, furnaces and boilers require the manufacturers specifications and load calculations at submittal.
** Permit applications for commercial roofs please refer to the commercial roofing guide
|Change of occupancy
|Commercial air conditioning*
|Commercial water heater*
|Commercial water softener*
|Commercial retaining walls|
|Commercial roof**||roofing guide|
|Construction sales office
|New commercial core and shell
|New commercial Tenant Finish and Landlord Improvements||checklist|
- Commercial Remodel Application Checklist
- Construction and Sales Trailers Application and Checklist
- New Commercial and Multi Family Application Checklist
- Credit Card Authorization
- Contractor Registration and Renewal Form
- New Commercial Tenant Finish and Landlord Improvement Checklist
- Building Permit Application
- Development Services Fee Schedule 2018 (signed)
- Certificate of Occupancy Policy
- Commercial Water Calculations Fixture Unit