The Records Unit maintains official reports of all incidents reported to Castle Rock Police and is staffed with a records supervisor, three records technicians, and one digital media technician.
Hours of operation
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed Saturdays and Sundays
- Closed all Town holidays
We will need the following information to process requests for police records:
- The case number or the names of the parties involved
- The date and time which the incident took place
- The location of the incident
If the accident occurred on or after Nov. 1, 2014, a report may be obtained online. If the accident occurred before Nov. 1, 2014, please follow the instructions for requesting Criminal Justice Reports.
Criminal justice reports / local background check
A criminal justice report may be obtained by completing a records request form. These forms are available at the Police Station, 100 Perry St., or you may use our online records request form to print and submit your request. Please remember, the Records Unit will require your signature to release the report to you. You may print your completed request form, sign it, then fax it to 303-663-6105.
Background checks are available for Castle Rock criminal or traffic records only, you can receive state records through the Colorado Bureau of Investigations. Local background checks can be used for Military, VISA, or immigration purposes. Please fill out the background check form and sign. Return to Castle Rock Police Records Unit either by email, fax, or drop off.
Allow three working days to process the request after it is received.
The fees associated with our most requested services are:
- Initial search fee - $3 and $1 per copied page
- All printed photographs - $2 each
- Background Checks (Castle Rock Residents Only) - $10
- Certified Record fee $5 (additional to search and report fee)
- Video/audio - $32.50 initial ($30/hr. for review/redaction after first hour)
For questions on releasable and non-releasable records, contact the Records Unit, 303-663-6104 or by email.